Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My weekend fun...

I went down to Cali to visit this last weekend and had a blast! I was able to stay with Michael's mom, Roxann, at the Fisher House which is a beautiful place for the families to stay.



Roxann, Michael and I went to the Fisherman's Wharf in San Fran and had a lovely time riding the cable car through San Francisco. It was so much fun! We then met up with Michael's friend from Fort Riley and his friend for lunch on the wharf and we wandered around and visited some shops. We went and watched the Sea Lion's sun bathe for a bit.






That night Michael, Andy (Michael's friend) and I went to a comedy club. It was hilarious if a bit off color. I had never been to a comedy club so it was great to get out and try something new. And to laugh. It is the best medicine.

On Sunday we went to church, which was great. The weather was so beautiful! And the flowers are coming out and the trees are flowering. I love Spring if you can't tell. :) We met back up with Andy, Michael's friend, and had lunch at this little Mexican restaurant that had the biggest and best Chimichangas I have ever had.

Monday I decided to go to class with Michael to see what it was like and to get a feel for what he is learning to do. We went to his life skills class at 0800 and I learned a little bit about Braille. Enought to know it is incredibly hard! Whew. We went to another class where I watched him do some pottery. It has been so long since I have done pottery that it was new to me. I was able to go with him to his mobility class where we learned the Dynamic Lull. This is when a residential street meets up with a busier road and Michael has to listen for a lull in the traffic in order to be able to cross the residential street safely. It was really interesting and Michael did great. He is so in tune with everything that I feel like I am missing out on half of life because I don't pay attention.



That night we went bowling with the school and it was a ton of fun. I lost miserably. My game was just not on but it was great to watch everyone get in and have fun. I think it is awesome that the school does things like this to spice up the students lives. After that we went to a pizza place and had some great food. I loved the crust. Then we went back to the Fisher House and put on Emperor's New Groove. I love that movie; it is so funny. And it was a fun, relaxing end to the day.

I flew home on Tuesday and couldn't wait to see my little girl. I miss Kadence so much when I am away. I know that it is great for her to see her grandparents and friends but it is hard. Which I know all you mother's out there would agree with! She decided to help my mom with my luggage. Funny girl.



I am so thankful for everything in my life. I have realized that to best honor my late husband's memory I need to live. I need to keep going and to be positive. Joshua was a positive and happy person. He loved life and he loved to live. Laughter, love, friendship, unselfishness were so big in his life. I am grateful and honored to have been his wife. That for 1 year and 11 months we were able to be together and to have a beautiful little girl. I know that the road ahead is going to be tough. I know that I will always miss him and that I will always love him. But I also know that he is up there rooting for me to go on. I know he wants me to be happy. I can still feel him with me and I know that he supports me.

I have learned so much about myself and I hope that I continue too. I have met the most wonderful people through this heartbreak. People that I am proud to call family and close friends. I know that I am not alone. That God will never let me be alone. He has given me people to help me. To be there for me. I know that no matter what happens that life will be okay. That there is a light at the end of the tunnel. That through the Gospel of Jesus Christ I will see Joshua again. That Kadence will see her daddy again. I am so overwhelmed with gratitude for my faith and for the knowledge that it has given me.

I hope that you are all having a great week. May you all be safe and God bless.

love, jess

No comments:

Post a Comment